Chakra Sadhana Course
This Chakra Sadhana Course is specifically designed as an in-depth study into the internal stimulation and purification of the chakras; the psychic energy centers located in the body along the spine. During the 14 day course, comprehensive study will be done on each chakra. The influences they have in our day to day lives, how we are influenced by them, and how a more balanced approach of life can be attained by enhanced awareness and greater understanding of this system of energy centers. Specific ritualistic practices as described in the Tantras and the scriptures will also be done for the cleaning of the chakras system.Nov 28th to Dec 12th, 2017 Feb 17th to March 3rd, 2018
The influences they have in our day to day lives, how we are influenced by them, and how a more balanced approach of life can be attained by enhanced awareness and greater understanding of this system of energy centers. Following lectures, participants will learn Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and Nada Yoga with visualization and ritualistic practices associated with each chakra. Beginners as well as people with long association with yoga are welcome to attend. However, this is a serious course with intense routine and practices, so a certain level of commitment is required. A specific diet will be followed, and strict discipline must be voluntarily maintained throughout the course.
Participants are expected to learn necessary vocabulary terms, keep a journal, have a mid-course evaluation, and submit a paper describing their internal experience. The staff and director at SWAN have the highest respect for these methods and do not take such a powerful course lightly. To that end, isolation within the boundaries of SWAN Yoga retreat center is recommended, in order for participants to maximize the benefits of the course.
The course practices will be as follows
Shatkarmas + Trataka
Advanced Chakra Sadhana
Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra
Day 1 - November 28th
- Arrival (we expect you to be here after lunch)
- Evening gathering. Introduction with all students, and teacher explanation about the days to come
- Havan (Fire Ceremony to invoke blessings for the course)
- Dinner and Lights off.
- Morning meditation
- Shatkarmas(Yogic cleansing practices)
- Yoga NidraAfternoon Lecture introducing the subject matter of Chakra Sadhana
- Evening Puja/Hawan and Mantra Chanting Initiation
- Kirtan (if we can arrange singers) and Lights off.
Day 3 to Day 13: Timing (Subject to change, Friday is weekly off day)[table “chakras” not found /]
Day 14: Morning Havan and Puja
- Interactive session with all the participants about their experiences.
- Evening Manasika Puja and culmination of the course.
- Departure of Guests.